Friday, September 30, 2011

Countdown to Halloween!

Family Circle Magazine for this month has a very cute Treat Bag Display that inspired me to make this Halloween Countdown! So easy, cheap and so much fun for the kids! Starting on October 19, everyday they will open a treat bag until the big day!! The number 13 represents the spookiest day of the year: HALLOWEEN!



Material
a frame, scrapbook paper, ribbons, cupcake liners, scissors, glue, BOO glitter confetti from Walmart and odd numbers that you can download HERE.

make a square paper bag using the scrapbook paper, embellish the bag by flattening out cupcake liners and glue the medallions onto the center of the cupcake liners


glue the ribbon across the frame to hang the treat bags. I secured the treat bags onto the ribbon using paper clips.


Now just fill the treat bags with candy, small toys or a Halloween riddle!


If you don't have a frame, you can just use a piece of string and make a Countdown Banner!



Now off to get to some candy and toys and wait for October 19 to start the Countdown! :)


Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments:

  1. This is SO cute!! Very unique countdown calendar. If you get a chance, I would love it if you could share this at my link party, The Creative Spark, on Tuesday night. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Jenn :)
    www.cleanandscentsible.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT project! I hope you will link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/09/wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used cupcake wrappers. I'm a sucker for them too! I'd love it if you linked up to my Terrorific Tuesday blog hop! http://swelldesigner.blogspot.com/2011/10/terrorific-tuesday-blog-hop-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. It is wonderful!!! Great idea using the cupcake liners. So very festive.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I look forward to reading more of your blog! I would love for you to link this up to My Favorite Things Halloween Party going on all month! I hope to see you there!
    XoXo
    ~Iffy~
    www.StayAtHomeNation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!